Monday, April 8, 2013

My Baguio Weekend Trip

At last, I have come back to Baguio after 2 decades.  It has been a long time and the last time I was there was college days I think.  A lot of improvements have happened already and I was so excited to go back and I did.

It was after office hours around 8:00pm, Friday, April 5, 2013.  We went to Cubao Victory Liner station to ride the bus going to Baguio.  The station was packed of people who are also going up there.  We bought our ticket for the 12:45am and so we waited in Chowking for like 3 hours.

The good thing about traveling in the middle of the night and early in the morning is that, there is no traffic and you get to sleep in the bus.  The time of boarding the bus has come and so we went back to the station and ride the bus.  Well...we preferred the Deluxe of Victory Liner but since there is no ticket and trip anymore, we had no choice but to take the ordinary airconditioned bus.  It was fine though I felt uncomfortable where I was seated because the space is small plus I have my bags under the seat and on my lap.  I tried to sleep during our long journey to Baguio but I didn't get enough sleep.  My officemates were sleeping tight while I kept on moving left and right on my seat.  One reason why is because it was cold too and I forgot to bring my shawl or small blanket at least to keep me warm.  I just pulled out my towel and covered myself with it.

It was around 6:30 - 7:00 am when we arrived in Baguio and along the way, I remembered the times when I first went there with my family.  Memories are starting to come back so I started taking pictures of the scenery along the way.  When we reached the Victory Liner station in Baguio, we went to the ticketing office to buy our ticket going home so we will not be one of the chance passengers who lines up in the station to get lucky to ride the bus.

Since it was too early to checked in at the transient house where we will be staying, we decided to go to Cafe by the Ruins.
They say that this is the best place to eat in Baguio and so we went and had our breakfast there.


The food was great!  Expensive though but worth the money.  I tried their Ruins coffee with Ensaymada and it was so good.
I wasn't satisfied with what I ordered so I ordered Mushroom Omelette with rice, coffee and fruits.  The restaurant itself was a great setting, very cool, simple but it has a uniqueness and incomparable to other restaurants which I liked.  After our breakfast at around 10:00am, we decided to have an early check in at Le Chatteu so we can freshen up and start the ball rolling for our time is limited.

When we arrived in Le Chatteu, I was amazed at the unit we rented and I was happy because it's very clean, good interior, affordable price and spacious.  We had a two bedroom unit with our own kitchen and living room.






It has different color theme that you can choose from or depends on the availability.  We got this Blue 2bedroom unit for only Php2,500/night with maximum capacity of 7-8 pax.  so we freshen up, got dressed and went to 50's Diner to eat lunch.








My officemate, Jayson told us that their serving is big and worth the money.  The food was good and satisfying because one order can be for two.  Also, very affordable, unique restaurant and a lot of people goes there to eat.

So after we got full, we went to Botanical garden and we saw this taho vendor who sells strawberry taho.



After Botanical garden, we went to Burnham Park, Good Sheperd, Club John Hay and went back to Le Chatteu to rest.  Our first day was done so we got the next day planned out for the Strawberry farm, Grotto and Market to buy pasalubong.  It was our last day and our day to return Manila.

Overall, the trip was so much fun, a lot of laughs, bloopers, jokes, pigging out but the best part was, we had time to relax and had the chance to enjoy the cool breeze in Baguio city.  There are a lot of places to go to and a lot of restaurants to go to.  I will definitely go back soon....


No comments: